Same-Sex Mail Order Brides/Husbands: Do Same-Sex Marriages Exist?
International marriages are on the rise nowadays, but what about same-sex couples? Are there male order husbands for gay couples or lesbian mail order brides? Fortunately, these aren’t controversial questions anymore, and modern society is ready for untraditional marriages. However, international love-seekers face a huge problem finding their soulmates. This is where online dating may help. Scroll down to learn everything about same-sex intermarriages and discover reliable methods to find your significant other.
Why Did Same-Sex Mail Order Brides/Husbands Appear on the Dating Scene?
Nowadays, there are numerous gay male order grooms and lesbian brides registered on mail order bride sites. Based on the statistics, in 2023, the prevalence of same-sex marriages among all intermarriages was up to 3.4%, which is twice as big compared to previous years. So, what are the reasons same-sex relationships switched to the international dating scene?
- Limited LGBTQ+ dating opportunities. Based on the relevant statistics, there is a lack of recognition for same-sex couples. LGBTQ+ marriages are legal only in 30 countries, which encourages homosexual love-seekers to search for romantic opportunities cross-culturally. Luckily, numerous international lesbian dating sites allow people to connect with like-minded singles of the same sex.
- An urge to create a same-sex family. Numerous same-sex attracted people are ready to create families but have no opportunity to meet their gay or lesbian partners within their social circles. Mail order bride/husband sites allow for discovering new acquaintances. That is why more and more people with untraditional orientations find it easier to communicate with their potential partners online.
- Breaking free from the shackles of bias. Many countries worldwide still have oppressive laws and social norms related to LGBTQ+ marriages. For some gays and lesbians, switching to the international dating scene is the only way to avoid discrimination.
- Opportunity for self-development. Some people see a huge advantage in same-sex intermarriages. Therefore, it is possible to emigrate to a more developed country and start their lives and careers on a blank canvas while having a reliable partner by their side.
Why do LGBTQ members become mail order brides/husbands?
Are there male order husbands/brides in my country?
According to a new Pew Research Center analysis, same-sex marriages are legal in more than 30 countries, and 175 countries worldwide have become more LGBTQ -friendly since 1820, which ensures you will find male order grooms and lesbian brides in this world.
Although it sounds good that there are so many LGBTQ-friendly countries, being accepted is not enough as many such couples there still face challenges in marrying, which makes them register on bride lesbian/gay websites and find a like-minded person abroad.
In addition, some countries not only do not accept LGBTQ marriages but also criminalize such relationships. Thus, according to the Human Dignity Trust, 65 countries ban same-sex activity, while 12 even impose the death penalty on those suspected of doing such activity, which includes African countries predominantly, such as Somalia, Saudi Arabia, and UAE. Being yourself in such countries is dangerous to life, which also becomes the reason for people there to become mail order brides and grooms in more adequate countries, like the USA, for example.
How Popular Are Same-Sex Mail Order Brides/Husbands?
The tendency to register on international dating sites to search for male order husbands or wives is rather popular among people of all ages. According to the new Pew Research Center analysis, more and more countries give constitutional guarantees to same-sex couples since their number is constantly increasing. Remarkably, data from the Census Bureau released recently indicates that there are approximately 1.2 million same-sex couple households in the United States alone. However, only 9.6% of same-sex couples are married, and 6% of them are international couples.
In the US, same-sex spouse immigration has the same procedure as traditional spouses, which makes this country a number-one choice for foreign gay mail order grooms and lesbian mail order brides. Furthermore, given the pertinent information, mail order bride/husband unions are additionally made more popular among LGBTQ+ prospective spouses because they are shielded by the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) and the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA).
The article “In places where same-sex marriages are legal, how many married same-sex couples are there?” shows quite interesting facts:
- Spain is a leader in same-sex friendliness, having 3.4% of the 148,588 marriages registered in 2021 as LGBTQ – the highest number among all other countries. Second place belongs to the United Kingdom, with 3.3% of all marriages registered.
- Around twenty same-sex-friendly countries, including the USA, distinguish gay and lesbian marriages, showing that the majority of such unions happen between women. However, Ecuador, Portugal, Switzerland, and Costa Rica have more male order husbands marriages than female-female gay unions.
- The average age of same-sex married couples is 45.
- 4% of women and 8% of men in same-sex unions are non-US citizens.
- The race/ethnicity table shows that 74% of individuals in same-sex marriages are white, 11% – Latino/a, and 9% – Black – the most dominant groups.
What Are The Best Countries to Search for Same-Sex Mail Order Brides/Husbands?
A lot of people who prefer same-sex relationships are looking for compatible matches, even in those countries that don’t allow such kinds of relationships. If you still have no idea where to find lesbian or gay mail order brides, check out these countries in different regions worldwide. Therefore, you may understand which cross-cultural love affairs suit you best.
In 15% of Asian countries, the death penalty is imposed as punishment for same-sex marriages. That is why LGBTQ+ individuals from these spots prefer to communicate and develop relationships online.
- The Philippines. There are numerous lesbians and gays in the Philippines, so you can easily find somebody to your taste. Local people are very respectful to their partners and have strong family values. Moreover, the extraordinary beauty of both males and females doesn’t leave anyone indifferent.
- China. Even though there is no governmental recognition for Chinese same-sex marriages, people still hope to find their partners abroad. Local individuals boast their youthfulness, exotic allure, and dedicated approach to family. Chinese people are calm and compromise-friendly, so they may be perfect partners for Western people.
Numerous countries in Latin America don’t impose any restrictions on LGBTQ+ marriages. However, some governmental units still don’t accept such a notion. Nevertheless, it is still possible to look for love in these countries.
- Peru. Peruvian male order grooms and brides are ready to open their hearts and souls to their compatible foreign partners. Local people are very flexible, calm, and modest. Both men and women appear irresistible on the international dating scene because of their unique personality traits and stunning appearances.
- Venezuela. Venezuelan people are warm, welcoming, and open-hearted. They express their emotions vividly and are extremely passionate. If you are looking for an additional dose of affection in your life, Venezuelan mail order brides or husbands will be the best fit.
Europe includes the largest number of countries where same-sex marriages and intermarriages are legally recognized. However, there are some countries where same-gender love is officially banned, though people are still looking for love there.
- Ukraine. Although there are numerous LGBTQ+ communities in Ukraine, there is no possibility for same-sex marriages. Ukrainian mail order brides and husbands are open to cross-cultural marriages and are ready for new experiences and self-growth. Local people have a strong sense of family and are reliable partners.
- Russia. The local government provided a strict ban on LGBTQ+ relationships. However, there are a lot of people in this country who strive for same-sex romance. If you meet a Russian lesbian or gay mail order bride, you will see that local individuals are focused on their relationships and demonstrate a high level of loyalty to their partners.
Are Same-Sex Mail Order Brides/Husbands Legal?
If you are a US citizen looking for same-sex love abroad, you can legally find your soulmate through gay or lesbian finder sites. They are also called mail order brides/husbands websites since they provide the opportunity to communicate with like-minded people from all over the globe online. Suffice it to say that not only same-sex relationships but marriages are legal in the US as well. There are no restrictions on expressing your individuality, so it is possible to interact with LGBTQ+ people worldwide. The only nuance here is that it is necessary to choose a trusted bride lesbian or gay site that operates legally and adheres to human rights.
How to Find Foreign Brides/Husbands?
You can follow several ways to find a foreign bride or husband. If you prefer to interact physically with your potential partner, you can travel to the country of your choice and try your luck to meet advantageous singles. However, you may experience troubles during the in-person search since it is rather tricky to recognize a lesbian or gay person in the crowd, not to mention the person who is on the lookout for serious relationships with foreigners. In some countries, people of homosexual orientation hide their gender identity status and sexual preferences. That is, traveling abroad isn’t an option if you are looking for a soulmate.
The most effective way to get engaged in a mail order gay marriage or lesbian union is to register on a dedicated website. On mail order bride/husband sites, people don’t wear masks or hide their gender preferences. They are open to creating relationships that may result in marriage. On trusted platforms, you can find rich catalogs of potential brides or grooms and contact any of them. With well-elaborated built-in communication options, you may not worry about your privacy and you can communicate with several people simultaneously. Overall, international dating provides excellent opportunities for same-sex love searchers to find their significant others.
How Much Does a Mail Order Bride/Husband Cost?
Your international dating adventure may require some expenses. Nevertheless, the price of a mail order husbands gay or lesbian bride may vary depending on the region. Here is an approximate price list for a foreign bride or groom in Asia, Latin America, and Europe with online and offline dating experiences outlined.
While the cost of Asian mail order services is rather affordable (about $100 for communication features per month), you will need to pay substantially more for real dates. The price for a round trip may reach up to $2,000 depending on the country. Nevertheless, accommodation and entertainment in Asian countries are rather affordable. Overall, you can spend about $4,000-$6,000 to get a foreign bride or groom in Asia.
Latin American ladies aren’t that demanding, so you won’t spend much on dating sites and dates. Starting with online dating services for $100 per month and ending with a trip to one of the Latin American countries that will cost you around $2,000, the total price for a Latin American mail order bride or husband may be approximately $3,500-$5,000.
European brides and husbands will cost you the same $100-$150 per month on the dating platforms. Nevertheless, the cost of the offline dating experience may drastically vary depending on the country. While a trip to Ukraine will cost you around $2,000 for two weeks, vacations in the Czech Republic may be more expensive (approximately $3,000). That is, the total price for a European mail order bride or husband may vary from $4,500 to $5,500.
How to Bring Foreign Brides/Husbands to the US?
If you want to bring your relationships from the world lesbian site or gay-focused community to real life, you will need to discover more about the process of immigration. The regulations for applying for a fiancé(e) visa for same-sex spouses don’t differ from traditional procedures. So, here is a brief step-by-step guide on how to bring your future spouse of the same gender to the US:
- File a Form I-129F and apply for a fiancé(e) (K) visa.
- Compile all the necessary documentation and provide information about the income of the US citizen who will sponsor their future spouse.
- Provide proof that your relationship has been lasting for at least two years.
- Undergo the interview.
- As soon as your future spouse gets the visa, they can enter the US.
- It is necessary to provide a marriage certificate within 90 days of your spouse’s arrival in the country.
Are same-sex mail order brides/husbands legal?
Some countries restrict same-sex marriages. However, they are allowed in the US. Thus, if you want to marry a same-sex person, you can legally communicate online on trusted platforms and then transform your relationships into real life by getting married in the US. It is absolutely legal as long as you follow all the governmental regulations.
Are same-sex mail order marriages popular?
In 24 countries with detailed data, same-sex marriages constituted less than 1% to 3.4% of all marriages in recent years. A significant number of couples are engaged in cross-cultural relationships. And yes, same-sex mail order marriage has had vast popularity since the dating pool is very specific, and sometimes people feel trouble finding a partner within their proximity. By switching to the international dating scene, same-gender love-seekers have a higher chance of finding their soulmates.
How to find a mail order bride or husband internationally?
The safest and most effective way to find a mail order partner from a different country is to register on a specifically designed website. Such platforms include a specific catalog of singles that are looking for same-sex love internationally. They are open about their sexual orientation and are ready to open their hearts and souls to developing serious relationships.